Sunday, August 10, 2014

I know it has been a while.  I don't know if anyone is still reading this blog but for some reason I feel prompted to post something on here.  I don't know if this will help someone, if anyone will even read this or not, or if it is just a way for me to get thoughts out that would otherwise remain in my mind.
Experiences.  Emotions. Thoughts.
Have you ever been doing something that you thought would feel one way and it turns out to be a trigger for all other sorts of emotions?  Maybe it's a conversation you are having with a close friend or a vacation that you had planned for a long time? Maybe it's completing a stressful task or just going about a daily activity.  We all have little things that bring forth emotions.  Sometimes it is a song, or a phrase that someone says.  Sometimes it is seeing someone from the past or nothing that you can put your finger on when all of a sudden you get this surge or emotions and thought and a day that was going one direction might make a complete 180.
Right now I am having one of those moments.  I'm not going to get into detail.  Detail is not necessary for the point that I am trying to make at this current time.  Those who want to know are welcome to ask me.
As I go through this experience I think of something a very wise person from my past said.. "Do your best every day; however, each day your best is different.  Your best on a day when you are sick is not the same as your best on a day when you are feeling extremely healthy."
Right now I want to talk about how to do your best when you are feeling completely down.  When you are feeling like your best can only be getting up out of bed and walking from your bed to another spot.  When you feel like your best is waking up and getting up rather than just going back to bed.  Those days when, as a woman, you look in the mirror and all you see are your flaws.  All you can think about is who you wish you could be and how far away you are from getting there.  
I have had those days.  I have had many of those days.  I know I am not perfect.  I know I am far from it, however, I know that I am who I am today because of my imperfections.  I am where I am today because of how my imperfections, because of how I have responded to the trials and situations placed before me; imperfections and all.
The other day, while listening to a CD with scripture mastery songs and conference talks on it, a talk came on that really changed my perspective on what it means to be perfect; what it means to be a woman; and who I really am.
During this time when so much of the media is telling women that they need to act a certain way or be a certain size, or look like one thing or another I feel like women have forgotten who they are.  I know I have at times.  Please remember who you are.  If you don't feel you can do so, I invite you to pray and ask your Father in Heaven to show you who you are in His eyes, to see yourself as He sees you.
Have an amazing day.  I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment