Monday, October 21, 2013

Sorry!

I am so sorry for not being as good about updating the blog lately, things have been really crazy around here.  
I have recently been transferred to an area that is much more of a city.  It is a college town with a lot of young families that are working on medical residency so there is a lot of turnover in the congregation that I am serving in.  There are quite a few members of the church in this area so I am serving in a Ward that has both Elders (the guy missionaries) and Hermanas (me and my 2 companions.  Sisters that are called as Spanish speaking missionaries).
That's right, I said that I am working with 2 other people.  We call it a trio or a tripanionship.  One of them is from Idaho and the other is from Bolivia.  The Bolivian sister has been serving on Temple Square in Salt Lake City for a while now and she has been called to serve here for her outbound mission for the next 3 months.
The area is really great and we are working to gain a lot more member support and help.  We are trying to increase the number of members who help us to find, fellowship, and testify to their friends and loved ones that are around them.
We are not here just to baptize people but to develop strong friendships and help them to realize that the church is a family and it is part of life, not just a place to go on Sundays.
I am really grateful to be in this beautiful place, especially during this time where the trees are changing color.  It has been really cold here lately, no snow yet but it has been down in the upper 20's and low 30's so snow is not too far away.
I love you all and I hope to hear from each of you soon. 
Love,
Hermana Bricker
8515 Douglas Ave Ste 19 
Urbandale IA, 50322

No comments:

Post a Comment