Monday, September 23, 2013

I am going to try this again.. for the 3rd time.. my computer is being a pain and apparently doesn't want anyone to see the wonderful pictures of the baptism.
Callie gave me permission to post the pictures online so here they are.
Sadly, Callie has recently moved, however I know that she was guided where to move to and that she will be taken care of in the ward/branch that she and her husband are in.
This week I have been thinking a lot about family history.
Today, I received a priesthood blessing.  Within the blessing it specifically talked about how those who have gone before me are with me at the time to hold me up during this time of trial.  As those words were heard a flood of people's names entered into my mind.  I remembered my grandparents and great grandparents as well as many others that i didn't recognize the name to but I knew they were part of my lineage..  I remembered my Uncle Johnny in particular.  I never had the opportunity to meet him in this life but I know that he is helping me out through the good times and the bad.
I have a strong testimony that families are in fact together forever.  I don't know how it works, but it works and we will be blessed as we keep the promises that we have made with our Father in Heaven.  I know that whether it is doing family history work just to find out where you come from, prepare names for the temple, doing temple ordinances or just reading stories from your ancestors all of these things will give you blessings and all of these things help in the work of the Lord.
I love you all!
love,
Hermana Bricker



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment