Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Everyone,
Sorry for not writing last week, things have been crazy and there was a lot to be done so I didn't get around to posting a blog update.
This week we had our very first baptism that this area has had in about 3 years :)
She is a wonderful woman who is married to a member that has strayed a bit from the path but who is trying to return.  They have the goal of being sealed together as a family for time and all eternity in the temple within the next 2 years. 
I know with all my heart that families can be and should be together forever.  Heavenly Father is in fact our Father and we are His children.  Each spirit is part of this amazing heavenly family and heaven wouldn't be heaven to me without those who I love being there.
The weather has been extremely hot and humid for the last while.  Almost every day this last week got up into the 100s and it was at least 70% humidity every day.  For the last 3 days of the week our car was in the auto shop getting fixed from the fender bender over 12 weeks ago so we were biking during the heat wave.  We biked over 25 miles in 2 days.
This week I wanted to focus my entry on family.  While being out on the mission I have been blessed to see families of all different sorts.  Each one is different and each one is amazing.  It is completely shocking to me however to see how many times I see people go against their family to fit in with their friends or to make themselves look better.
In The Family A Proclamation to the World (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints official declaration on family)it states:
Successful marriages and families are established and maintained on principles of faith, prayer, repentance, forgiveness, respect, love, compassion, work, and wholesome recreational activities. By divine design, fathers are to preside over their families in love and righteousness and are responsible to provide the necessities of life and protection for their families. Mothers are primarily responsible for the nurture of their children. In these sacred responsibilities, fathers and mothers are obligated to help one another as equal partners. 

I know that families are ordained of God and that each member plays a vital role.  I am so grateful for the family that I have been blessed to have grown up in and I know that I wouldn't be where I am today without their support, love teachings and prayers.  I know that families are to support one another no matter what.  I love my family and I love that I have had this opportunity thus far to work with other families and help them become more united.
Love,
Hermana Bricker


NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

No comments:

Post a Comment