Monday, June 10, 2013

Hey Everyone!
The pictures included are so that you can see some of the landscape of the area I am in.  The picture with water in it shows some of the flooding from the river... that area is rather far away from the river, like about a half mile away... ya... lots of flooding.
This week was really tough but we made it through with the help and direction of God.  I was able to get a priesthood blessing on Saturday.   It's great because through the priesthood, which is the power given to man to act in God's name, I was able to receive more direct guidance and extra comfort that I needed.  Elder Beck, our district leader was voice and he said things that I know were definitely not things that he knew of but were words from my loving Father in Heaven.  Priesthood power is truly an amazing thing.
Last week I talked about a talk that Brad Wilcox gave.  The link to the talk can be found here:
Everything that happened today I could relate to this talk.  Whether it was because I was feeling overwhelmed with all that I had to do or whether it was because I didn't understand why the trials I was experiencing were happening this talk came to mind.   
I am so grateful for the Grace of Jesus Christ as well as for the power of prayer.
Prayer is not just a grocery list or a voicemail left for some all powerful all knowing being to listen to or read once he gets the opportunity.  Prayer is a 2 way communication between a Loving Heavenly Father and His child.   Yes, Heavenly Father is all powerful and all knowing. Yes He knows your desires and He knows what you are going through and what you are going to say to Him but He wants to hear it from you anyway.   It's like with my earthly parents.  They may know that I messed up big time on a test or I was struggling in a relationship with someone.  Maybe they know that I really really want a pony for my birthday or something like that.  They might even know when I am feeling stressed and just need to be told that I am loved and be given a hug but usually, things don't happen until I open up and talk to them about it.   He wants to hear from you and He wants you to communicate with Him.  Communication requires listening for a response.   It is not just talking to a wall but listening is an active roll.  I know that prayers are answered.  I know that Heavenly Father loves each and every one of His children.  
I know that if we take the advice given in the last 2 paragraphs of the introduction to the Book of Mormon we will receive an answer.   It doesn't matter if you have taken that challenge a million times, just once or have yet to take that advice, it will happen every single time. You WILL receive an answer and you WILL find the truth. 
In order to know it, you must read it and "ask in faith, believing that ye shall receive" Mark 9:45 and you will be given an answer.
I love you all!
Love Hermana Bricker



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment