Monday, June 3, 2013

First Transfer in the field... COMPLETE

Has it really been 6 weeks since I got to Iowa?!? I guess so, that's crazy though!
Transfers take place this Thursday and I was informed on Saturday and I will be staying in the same area for at least another 6 weeks.
I am really excited about that because that means that I will be here for our investigator's baptism for sure.  She will be getting baptized on June 22nd as long as she stops smoking in time so please pray for her.
Things are going really well and the work is progressing a lot.
We were promised as a mission a while ago that if we strived to teach 20 lessons, no matter who to, whether it be members, less actives, recent converts, or investigators, the members in the area would begin to do their part and we would have people to teach.  This last Sunday marks week 2 in a row of getting at least 20 lessons a week.  I can already see the promise beginning to be fulfilled. One of our less actives who has recently been reactivated gave our number to some of her friends and another sister in the ward has been handing out pass along cards as well as talking about the articles of faith with her friends.  We also had a family in the ward who has never had the sister missionaries over for any sort of lesson and they volunteered to feed us this next week so things are definitely in the works.
On Saturday I got to view my first baptism as a missionary.  It was the Branch President's daughter and it went really well.  My companion and I got to teach the Restoration while she and her dad were drying off and getting ready again and there were 4 non members there so we might get some teaching appointments out of that as well.
I feel so blessed to be in this area.  I love the people and I love the progress that is taking place.
On Thursday we had a district meeting which is where some companionships in an area come together and talk about ways to improve as well as get taught different things.  This week we talked about what I wrote about last time from Zone Conference and we also watched a BYU devotional by Brad Wilcox about grace.  It was amazing!  I highly recommend looking it up online.  He talked about how grace isn't something that is given after we do all that we can do but it is something given before, during and after everything.  It was great!
Well I need to get going but I love you all and I am grateful to be serving as a Representative of Jesus Christ 
Love,
Hermana Bricker



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment