Monday, May 13, 2013

Service works!

Hey Everyone!!!
This past week has been such a testimony building week for me!  I had always been told that serving others does a lot more than the service its self and I never really understood that until this week.  As we went from appointment to appointment we were able to notice a lot more things that people needed help with.  We were blessed with opportunities to serve and we were able to see hearts that were once really closed off to the gospel begin to be softened and open up to opportunities where we could, through the spirit, teach correct principles or capitalize on correct principles that they already knew.
I also had the opportunity to not only speak to, but to see most of my family on SKYPE.  It was so great to see their faces along with hearing their voices and I got to see my dogs which always make me happy.  This week has been filled with so many tender mercies from God and I was just informed of another one......
On Saturday I get to go to the Nauvoo Temple with my companion because one of her recent converts is going for the first time! 
For those who know me, I love temples!  It is my place or refuge and peace.  It is the one place that I am able to completely separate myself from the hardships of the world and I am so excited and feel so honored to share in this sacred opportunity that this new member has to enter the temple.
Another thing that I learned from this week is that you get out of life what you put into it.  If you go into something thinking that it is going to be horrible, it will be.  If you go into something thinking that it will be a blast, it will be.  It is all about your attitude and you outlook on things.
Life is hard but life is great.   The hard moments in life are times of growth..  They are times where our loving Father in Heaven is refining us.  Nobody ever said that the refining process would be easy or feel good.  When silver is refined it is heated up.  It becomes pure, maleable, and strong.  When it has reached its perfectly pure form, the refiner, can see his image in the piece of silver.  We are being refined in the refiners fire.  We are being changed in a way that is painful, but that will make us stronger, purer, and able to be molded into who the Father wants us to become.  Heavenly Father is the refiner.  Allow Him so see His image in you.  Allow Him to keep you in the flames long enough that you become perfected through them.  The hardships are trying and sometimes you want to just give up, but if you hold out faithful to the end and trust in the Father's timing, you will be exhalted on high at the last day.  You will be perfected and have the privilege of returning to live in His presence.
You are love!  You are smart!  You have divine potential and it can be reached through the help of Heavenly Father and though the use of the Atonement of Jesus Christ.
Love,
Hermana Bricker



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment